North West Hub (Manchester)
Plans for a regional Classics hub will bring together the Manchester Classical Association in partnership with the Department of Classics & Ancient History and the Outreach & Widening Participation Office of the University of Manchester, Liverpool University, Liverpool College, Bellerive Catholic High School and other key partners to offer a menu of CPD for teachers of pupils at all Key Stages including:
- Training for teachers on the use of classical studies to support the literacy and MFL curriculum at Key Stage 2.
- The introduction of Latin in Liverpool primary schools in socio-economically challenging areas as part of the literacy curriculum at Key Stage 2.
- Training for teachers to introduce ancient history or Latin at Key Stage 3.
- Training for teachers keen to introduce classical civilisation and /or ancient history in secondary schools.
- Training teachers with some foundation in a classical language to teach GCSE Greek or Latin.
- Running an after-school Greek course for able or interested pupils from across the city.
- Making classics/MFL part of teacher training via Schools Direct or PGCE courses at Manchester, Edge Hill, Liverpool Hope or Chester Universities.
Read the Manchester hub blog here! https://manchesterclassicsforall.wordpress.com/blog/